Hi, uhh. …OH. Update time. Still working on an assortment of things, I shift focus from one thing to another every so often. For example at one point I’ll be working on the terrain, then I’ll move onto web stuff, next I’ll go onto texturing/modeling. It’s an okay system that keeps me from getting bored/going mad but it means everything is in unfinished pieces.
Need to move onto implementing backer submissions which is why I need to finish a Kickstarter update post to go along with it. But you can’t just have a boring text-only update, you need to spruce it up with fancy artwork, take this header sneak peak for example:
- I have things I want to show off but I’m just waiting on stuff. See, I want to save most of the screenshots for the website/Steam, I want to save some of the new features and videos for when the game is on Steam Greenlight for promotions, saving behind the scene’s stuff and other oddities for the Bear Book, and so forth.
Speaking about the Bear Book, still trying to figure out what content to post on these updates/social media and what to save for the Bear Book.
Totally forgot that I made a sweet preview thing for my last update and never posted it anywhere so I’m posting it here:
- I made a facebook page for this game studio right here. All the other hip game studios have one so I wanted to fit in.
Not sure what I’ll post there tho.
- Been tinkering with water a lot. Both underwater and overwater.
- Got those Lost references done. Check the sonar fence:
- Kickstarter Island is coming along nicely. It’s been remade into a cozy island that’s set in perpetual autumn. There will be more info in the kickstarter update but here’s a peak at the entrance sign that will greet you in the Kickstarter Art Musuem:
- DRM: I’m not going to put any DRM on the game wtf you guys. (I don’t think Steam counts as DRM.)
Steam: Even though it would make things a whole lot easier it’s not a sure thing that the game will be on steam. Saving promotional stuff for when I put it on Greenlight in hopes it would build up hype and get people to vote for it. (also Gaben pls)
Price: The game is probably going to be $15.
The Game’s Theme: I’m not taking this 100% realistically. I’m aiming for a tounge-in-cheek bear adventure game.
Release: I’m definitely trying to get the game out before the holidays.
Polar Bears!: I’m going to save polar bears for a later game update, they won’t in be on release. I think that’s for the best, it will let me dedicate time for a worthwhile polar bear addition.
- Second Chance to get Kickstarter rewards: I’ll eventually set up a paypal thing so people can get some of the backer rewards for a limited time.
Anywho, working on a Kickstarter Update and sending backer surveys. I WILL ACCOMPLISH IT SOON AND IF I DON’T I WILL EAT AN ENTIRE LEMON RIND AND ALL.
Also I want to ship out physical rewards asap to get that out of the way.